The technical side of year-end with Greenshades
Posted on December 16th, 2015
By Justin Kirkland
With year-end upon us, Greenshades has just released our 2015 Year-End Forms updates for the Affordable Care Act 1095 forms, as well as other updates for Greenshades Online and Green Employee. The updates went live as of 12/08/15, and additional updates for Year-End Forms ACA are planned to be released on or around the week of 1/4/16.
What did these updates include?
Year-End Forms Updates
- Applied 2015 IRS updates to all form types that Greenshades offers support for through the Year-End Forms portal
- Added Corrected 1095-B form indication, import, and corrected functionality
- Added the Business Name Control Code (BNC) to the 1095-C company welcome wizard, which is an optional field that will be included in the 1094/1095-C e-File through Year-End Forms
- Added data validations to individual forms within 1095-C formsets to handle conflicts between codes and amounts reported on Lines 14, 15, and 16. This additional validation will help increase the accuracy of reported 1095-C forms at year-end.
- Added 2015 1095-C and 1095-B form templates for download and mail service distribution. As you can see below you can download a PDF batch of your forms, for easy offline storage or internal distribution. This change enables submission of batches to Greenshades for printing and mailing to recipients as well.
These updates include many things that we hope will make your life as a payroll administrator easier this year-end, including the distribution of 1095-C and 1095-B forms to recipients and e-filing to the IRS.
Below you will find additional updates that went out with our Year End updates for Greenshades Online and Greenemployee.
Greenshades Online Updates
• Updated reference to employee W-2 consent settings to include the 1095-C, as any electronic consents given
will be counted for the W-2 and 1095-C forms. This will allow users real-time results to identify which forms must still be issued on paper during January.
Green Employee Updates
• Updated reference to W-2 pre-consent settings to include the 1095-C, as any electronic consents given will be counted for the W-2 and 1095-C forms. This will allow employees to pre-consent to view both W-2 and 1095-C forms electronically in one click.
• Added IRS electronic consent disclosures to the employee consent page and tax forms view page to inform employees of how to withdraw consent, download and print their tax form(s), and how long the form(s) will be available.
Your employees can find the W-2 and 1095-C distribution preference options under their Greenemployee account settings in the Notifications tab.
You can also review these changes as an admin in the settings option of GreenshadesOnline.com under Technical report.
For more information on our Yearend Form products please take a look at our solution here: http://www.greenshades.com/solutions-year-end-forms.php
Keep an eye out on our blog for more information as updates come out for our products!